Thank you stencil.





Thinking about how to thank people who take risks in order to perform essential work on behalf of our societies, I wanted to make an easy to print sign which you can stencil at home and dedicate to those essential workers!




Taking the dark colours of our refuse and recycling bins as a starting point, I realised that by cutting the letters out of a print, all I needed to add on was the white bits of the speech bubble. However, on my first go,  by just cutting the letters one by one I gave myself the extra problem of having to fit them back together and this is why I added the yellow lines, so that the letters could remain in the correct position to one another. It makes the cutting slightly trickier so if you only have sissors it's helpful to make little folds when you need to cut into enclosed spaces. 


You can follow the process with the photos below:


No comments:

Post a Comment